We are excited to announce that we will be offering in person faith formation classes for grades K-9 beginning the week of October 4.
Bishop Hying recognizes that the formation of the whole person in the knowledge and practice of Christian discipleship is accomplished most effectively in person and so encourages each parish to offer in person formation. We invite your children to participate with us in sessions at the parish so that we may continue to be your partners in passing our Catholic faith on to your children. Many safety measures are being put in place to keep everyone as healthy as possible.
New safety protocol includes, but is not limited to:
- sanitizing of student work areas before and after class
- sanitizing of common touch areas, such as door knobs and light switches, before and after class
- use of masks by students and catechists
- individual student desks socially distanced to the greatest possible extent that the classroom will allow
- students using their own personal supplies, such as crayons, pencils, and scissors
Classes will be held as follows in the upcoming year:
- Grades K-5 - Sunday mornings, 9:00-10:30, in the school
- Grades 6-9 - Wednesday evenings, 6:30-8:00, in the parish hall and conference rooms (and possibly in the school)
Having these two groups meet at separate times will both give us an opportunity to offer sessions that are the most meaningful and age appropriate as possible and will allow us to adequately socially distance and implement safety measures.
The schedules for both the K-5 classes and the Grades 6-9 classes are linked below.
Online registration for Faith Formation 2020-2021 is now open on Coursestorm.
Once you have opened the link, follow these guidelines for an easy registration:
- Choose the grade level class for your child or one of your children.
- Click on the yellow "Register" oval.
- Type in the name of a parent as the contact.
- If you already have an account, the name(s) of your child(ren) previously registered for a class will appear. Check the child you are registering for the given grade level and then click "Add to Cart."
- If you are new to this system, you will be asked to "Add Person." This is where you add your child's name, click the plus sign next to his/her name you just typed, and then click "Add to Cart."
- If you have another child to register, click on the plus sign in the green circle and then type that child's grade level - that class will appear in the drop down menu to choose. Repeat steps 4 or 5 from above.
- Once all of your children have been added this way, then click "Check Out" to complete the registration.
If you have any questions about Faith Formation registration, please contact Marc Laudonio, Director of Faith Formation at email@example.com or 608-798-2975. Thank you!