The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is the process by which non-baptized and baptized persons from non-Catholic traditions enter the Catholic Church. These men and women are guided as they are gradually introduced to the Catholic way of life. It includes several stages marked by study, prayer, and rites at Mass. Participants experience a process of conversion as they study the Gospel, profess faith in Jesus and the Catholic Church, and receive the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, and Confirmation.
Is RCIA for you? It might be if...
- You have no faith tradition or are coming from another tradition and want to learn more about the Catholic faith
- You want to be received into the Catholic faith
- You are baptized but have not received Eucharist or Confirmation
- You have been distant from the faith
- You are a confirmed, practicing Catholic who is willing to sponsor an inquiring person and are willing to walk on a journey of faith with them
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Fr. Tom Kelley, Pastor, at 798-0100, or the Religious Education office at 798-4824.