Your child’s safety is of the utmost importance to us. All teachers and small group leaders are required to complete a background check and the Diocese of Madison’s Protecting God’s Children Program.
Parents of 1st-4th grade students, please help us keep our children safe by doing the following:
Check-In: accompany your child into the classroom and check-in with the teacher.
Check-Out: come into the classroom and check-out your child with the teacher
Custody Issues: we assume each parent has equal rights/access, unless we are informed otherwise in writing.
Allergies: let us know about them!
Bathroom: please have your child use the bathroom before class.
If a 4k-4th grade child needs to use the bathroom during class:
-an adult must escort them to the door of the bathroom and back to class
-an adult may never be alone in the bathroom with a child
-all children must be able to use the bathroom by themselves
-if the bathroom has multiple stalls and someone else is in the bathroom,
the child must wait until the bathroom is empty to go in
- Each week builds upon the last. Please come every week!
- Absence: if possible, please email Natasha Virnig ahead of time- firstname.lastname@example.org. Help your child stay caught-up using their workbook.
- For check-in, please be on time or, even better, five minutes early. For check-out, please do not keep your child’s teacher waiting.
If Cross Plains/Middleton public schools close due to bad weather, we will cancel classes. For Sunday Religious Education, please check the Religious Education section of our website. If we cancel Sunday classes, we will update it by 4pm that evening.
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions, comments, or concerns.
- We encourage you to also discuss your child’s progress with his or her teacher.
All of our teachers/catechists are generously volunteering their time to serve you and your child. Please help us make them feel appreciated and respected.
Students in PreK-6th grade receive a workbook. The activities and/or readings in it are meant to help reinforce what they learn. With the exception of 2nd grade, these assignments are not mandatory but are encouraged. We encourage parents to do these activities with their children at home to foster conversations about faith.
Requirements for Sacraments
First Reconciliation & Communion
- -two years of religious education
- -completion of two sacramental books
- -afternoon retreat
- -interview with member of parish staff
Confirmation (see Confirmation packet for more details)
- -three years of religious education preceding the sacrament
- -10 hours of community service completed in 9th grade
- -two retreats: October 7th & April 14th-15th (overnight)
- -saint report
- -four elective faith building experiences (see Confirmation packet)
- -regular attendance on Sunday nights
- -pre-Confirmation interview with member of parish staff